Spring Birding in Hyde Park, Chicago


Way back in the beginning of May I went to visit a friend in Hyde Park, and we went on a birding hike through lovely Wooded Isle. We try to do this on a semi regular basis during the spring and fall migrations. We timed it well this time, because we saw a great variety of species. I don't need to explain further, as you can just check my painting above to see what we came across! I'm hoping to make a print edition of it, so will let you know if and when that happens.

In the meantime, I will be volunteering at the Field Museum tomorrow and will try to find some fun things to photograph and post to twitter and Instagram.

Prints of this are available here.

Comments

  1. It's wonderful Diana! I broke into a big smile as soon as I saw it. I hope you do make a print edition of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is exquisite. Also love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being only 200 miles apart I enjoy many of those same birds. Thats a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Looks like it was a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful birds :)

    Hope your summer birding is off to a good start! I'm looking forward to many updates...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice and awesome post.Really like it so much ,So beautiful birds .
    Yellowstone National Park usa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts